Hi there! Coming to you with another quick and easy but exceptionally yummy goodness! This recipe is my pick-me-up on any given day. It's one of those "better-than-takeout"s stir fry recipes. Not to forget healthy! It's a miracle how my most craved foods when cooked at home are actually not dirty, greasy or junky at all! We eat this so often on weeknights - with some variations of veggies and meat - sometimes with rice or with noodles. It is so so good. Just loving life right now!
This a very special recipe also because the key ingredient is our brand new little baby boo - Beijing Masala! and also our Spicy Garlic Chilli Oil. It is essentially our take on the authentic Chinese 5 spice. Little bit heat, little bit spice and massive explosions of flavour, earthiness and aroma. (My god the AROMA - it is to die for) DED
For this recipe I did a version of just sliced chicken thighs but feel free to play around with your preferred meat, veggies, tofu, whatever. The Beijing Masala is a pretty potent and strong spice so feel free to adjust as per your taste. I always like to start with a little and then keep building on it till I reach my desired level of flavour.
Let's begin! YAY
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp Grated Ginger
- 2 tbsp Dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2 tsp Beijing Masala divided (increase if you prefer)
- 500 g sliced Boneless Chicken thigh
- 1/2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Spicy Garlic Chilli Oil
- Salt as per taste
- Sliced Green onion and sesame seeds for garnish
- Add 1 tsp Beijing Masala and cornstarch to the sliced chicken. Mix well and set aside.
- In a wok or large frying pan add Oil. Once the oil is hot add minced garlic and ginger. Saute for a minute or so.
- Add marinated chicken thighs. Stir fry the mix till the water from the chicken evaporates.
- Next up, add honey, soy sauce and leftover Beijing Masala. Toss everything together and cook till the chicken is completely done.
- Lastly, add Spicy Garlic Chilli Oil and sliced green onion. Saute for about a minute till everything has mixed well.
- Garnish with extra Green onion and sesame seeds. Serve immediately and enjoy!!