You know what I need after a long day, like what really picks me up after a long ass dreadful day - a really good bowl of Thai-ish flavours. It's definitely my comfort food. Actually Kerala food is my true comfort food but you know Thai food is right up there with it!
Spicy, zesty, minimal but bold flavours, so yummmm. Now I want some for dinner. Thankfully "the best husband a girl can hope for" is making some Thai-ish crab curry for dinner #blessed
My usual favourites are Thai Basil Chicken, my husband's Thai curries, Jungle curry and now this delish Spicy Lemongrass Chicken Stir Fry which I make using our bestseller Spicy Garlic Chilli Oil! Just oodles and oodles of fantastic flavours bite after bite!
I think I came up with this recipe coz I had a bunch of lemongrass leftover and no space in my freezer. It is simple, so pretty okay to make even if you've had a longggg day. Requires minimal ingredients, everything is already in your pantry/fridge.
Let's see how to make it!
- 500 gm Boneless Chicken
- 1 tbsp Spicy Garlic Chilli Oil
- 3-4 stalks Lemongrass
- 2 -3 Scallions
- 1 tbsp minced Ginger
- 1 tbsp minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp Fish sauce
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Salt to taste (optional)
- 1 sliced Onion
- 2 slit Green chilli
- 1/2 cup Basil leaves
- Scallion to garnish
- Add lemongrass, scallions, ginger and garlic to a chopper or food processor and chop finely. It should have a velvety well minced texture.
- Next, make your sauce. Combine 2 tbsp of water with fish sauce and soy sauce. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat your pan with a little oil. Add chicken and fry till the water has evaporated. Next, add your lemongrass paste and fry till the chicken is almost done.
- Once the chicken has some colour to it, add in your onions, slit chillies, sugar and the sauce! Fry for a couple minutes. Next add your Spicy Garlic Chilli Oil, mix it in till everything is perfectly cooked and coated onto the chicken.
- Lastly, add in your scallions and basil leaves. Mix it all up and serve immediately!