Hi peeps! Hope y'all are having a great week so far.
Today I thought I'll share with y'all a recipe that changed not just my life, but all my get-togethers/parties/potlucks forever. It takes less than 10 mins to make it and is the ultimate crowd pleaser recipe ever.
A spicy twist on classic hummus. This recipe for Chilli Oil + Hummus paired with crackers, pita and fresh veggies is the perfect dish to bring to a social gathering. It has a smooth velvety texture paired with the addition of fragrant crispy chilli oil - JUST WOW!
Also if you haven't yet tried to make your own homemade hummus - now is the time. It is so worth it. Back in Dubai I barely made hummus myself because fresh (and surprisingly good) hummus is available in any grocery store you go to. Just run down to your closest Spinneys or Carrefour and voila! But since our move to India, it's not been easy to find good store bought hummus. Now I make a big batch for the whole family every couple weeks. It is easy peasy, yummy and you can eat it with everything!
Let's get into the best hummus + chilli oil recipe!
- 1 1/2 cups cooked and drained chickpeas (you can use a can of chickpeas if you like) (also save some of the water to use for blending)
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice, more to taste
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/3 cup water (or chickpea water)
- 1-2 tbsp of Desi Chilli oil (I use Desi but feel free to use Spicy Garlic if you like!)
- Add all your ingredients except chilli oil to a food processor or blender.
- Add water bit by bit and blend till you achieve the desired consistency. You want a smooth and fluffy texture.
- Spread a couple dollops of hummus on a plate or serving bowl. Now for the most important step - pour your chilli oil all over the hummus. Enjoy with toasted bread or pita bread, olives, pickles and anything that takes your fancy!