Tofu for you!! Tofu is becoming quite the staple in vegetarian and vegan cuisine. And I think that's great! I'm personally quite fond of tofu. It's super versatile and you can do so much with it. Also gets you to avoid dairy in your food. I'm a fan clearly!
This pan seared tofu topped with a Garlic chilli oil sauce made with our Spicy Garlic Chilli Oil, is a quick and easy way to transform tofu into the most delicious dish that even the biggest tofu critics are sure to love — I promise, this is a recipe that will change anyone’s mind about tofu!
This is a super easy and delicious meal that’s ready in no time. It’s also great for summer months or those days when you want something easy yet delicious to make. You only need a handful ingredients to make it and the steps are minimal. This can be a no-cook recipe as well, if you just use cold tofu. I like to slice my tofu and then pan sear. The flavours in this recipe are a wonderful balance of spicy, umami, garlicky from the sauce against the cool blandness of tofu. You can serve it with a side of rice, or greens, or even cold noodles!
Let's make tofu!
- 100 gm firm Tofu (sliced in thin slices)
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 tsp minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp Spicy Garlic Chilli Oil
- Scallions for garnish
- Take a mixing bowl and mix together soy sauce, rice vinegar, minced garlic and Spicy Garlic Chilli Oil.
- Slightly toast your tofu slices on a greased pan. Remove the tofu onto your serving plate.
- Pour the chilli oil mixture directly over the tofu slices. Garnish with scallions and serve immediately!