Who doesn't love a creamy luscious pasta at any time of the day? This is a copycat recipe for the uber famous Chili’s Cajun Chicken Pasta but only a 1000 times better! And this recipe is going to become your family favourite! Tbh Chili's Cajun Pasta is not my favourite because they don't get their seasoning right and the chicken is always dry unfortunately. They need to work on their Cajun-ness lol.
Creamy pasta with pieces of tender and juicy cajun flavoured chicken in the most delicious cream sauce. You will love all the flavours from the dish and it comes together in under 30 minutes so it’s perfect for busy days. I’m excited to add this to our long lineup of 30-minute meals!
All you need to make this yum pasta is our Louisiana Cajun seasoning and some pantry basics. I've used a linguine here because it's my favourite but this recipe will work with any type of pasta you want. I've used fresh cream to make it rich and creamy but if you want a lighter, more weeknight friendly sauce you can use half milk, half cream. Another thing I like to do with this recipe is make it dairy free sometimes, then I use coconut cream or coconut milk which is a wonderful substitute. You can also skip the chicken and use any kind of veggies you like for a vegetarian version of this pasta!
- 1 sliced Chicken breast
- 1 cup pre-boiled Pasta of your choice
- 1 tbsp Louisiana Cajun
- 1 tbsp minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 chopped Tomato
- 1/4 cup whipped fresh cream
- 1-2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Parsley to garnish
- Over medium heat, add butter to the pan, once it's melted add your sliced chicken and Louisiana Cajun. Saute till the chicken is brown. Next, add garlic. Stir fry for a few seconds then add your tomatoes. Cook till tomatoes soften. This should take about 2-3 minutes.
Add in the fresh cream and parmesan cheese. Bring to a simmer then add your cooked pasta. Toss it all together and check for seasoning. Add a little bit more cajun if you like.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately!