The best part of a skillet stir fry is how simple it is to make and how yummy it is to eat. You can play around with your proteins, veggies and carbs - add a simple spice or sauce and you're done! This recipe is the easiest and the healthiest - the best kinda combo for a light and healthy lunch, brunch or weeknight dinner.
The key ingredient in this recipe is our brand new Louisiana Cajun blend. That's literally all you need. The spice blend already contains salt so you don't even have to worry about seasoning your food with extra salt! (Unless you like that extra salty kick in your food)
Louisiana Cajun blend is one such spice blend that I use almost everyday. It is a beautiful blend of savoury, garlicky, spicy, peppery, herby everything. It is already seasoned with salt so it's a very wholesome seasoning blend. I use this instead of salt in most places coz the flavours are so complete. Your food needs nothing else if you're using this seasoning.
For this recipe, I've used boneless diced chicken breasts and some colourful veggies. Whatever I had in my fridge. You can make a completely vegan version with just veggies, or add scrambled eggs, or rice, any kind of carbs like potatoes, rice, pasta etc. I keep my veggies for the week pre chopped in my fridge so it takes me about 15-20 mins to put this dish together. But even if you need some prep time max 30 mins to make this yummy dish!
Let's get into the recipe!
- 1-2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2-3 tbsp Louisiana Cajun (I've used 3 but you can increase/decrease as per your preference)
- 2 cup Diced Veggies (I've used celery, babycorn and coloured peppers)
- 500 g diced Boneless Chicken breast
- In a wok or large frying pan add oil. Once the oil is hot add minced garlic and saute for a few seconds.
- Once the garlic is sizzling add your chicken. Stir fry on high heat till the water from the chicken evaporates.
- Next up, add chopped baby corn and celery. Cook for 2 mins and then add coloured peppers. Stir fry for about a minute more and then add Louisiana Cajun. Cook for 2 mins.
- Lastly, Soy sauce and sugar. Stir fry till the chicken and veggies get a nice caramelisation and are fully cooked.
- Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve immediately and enjoy!!